When promoting a campaign, fundraiser, online content or website what is your main objective? Clearly it’s to get people to engage with your content by donating to your cause, purchasing an item from your campaign, or for them to help you spread the message right? But before any of this can happen the first step is to get them to click on the content you share!
Most of us have heard of Bitly…but you might not have realized just how useful this tool can be for optimizing promotional efforts for your crowd-funding campaign or fundraiser. Bitly is a URL shortening service that also provides free data on your URL clicks. It’s a very intuitive and convenient site to use (not to mention it’s FREE) and is a great tool for individuals who want to know which channels are the best for promoting their campaign.
Why use Bitly.com?
There are several benefits to using Bitly to monitor your promotional efforts:
- It’s a free service that provides you with insightful info
- Using Bitly will help you save time – once you know which channels are the most effective you for getting clicks on your campaign you can focus your promotional efforts on that channel
- You can use Bitly to see what kinds of tweets are helping you generate the most clicks – it tells you what type of content gets you the most clicks!
- You can also use Bitly to specifically compare different channels like Facebook vs. Twitter vs. Email/Newsletters
- It also provides geographical info on where your clicks are coming from – it tells you who’s interested in your content
How to use Bitly
Below you’ll find a short video featuring Kate, a Campaign Manager at Fabrily, wherein she explains how to use Bitly to monitor your promotional efforts and how to create a Bitly link yourself.