Millions of organizations and individuals use Facebook on a daily basis; not only is it a convenient way to connect with others but it serves as a great tool for sharing your Fabrily campaign with friends, family, and supporters. The best part about using social media to promote your campaign is that it’s completely free! In this blog post we’ll cover several different ways you can promote your fundraising campaign on Facebook. We also provide tips and examples on promoting your campaign using Twitter (click the link to visit the post!) as well as how to generate more online impressions for your cause once the campaign is over (hint – it involves photos!).
Before we get started, go ahead and reserve the first item from your campaign! Once people see that others are reserving items they are more likely to purchase one themselves.
Here is a list of ways you can promote your fundraising campaign using Facebook:
- Update your photo and/or cover photo to feature the campaign and always include the link to the Fabrily campaign in the design (if you need help creating promo images for a special campaign let us know – send us a message on Facebook or Twitter):
- Make sure you post about your campaign on Facebook every 2-3 days and include a direct link to the campaign page in your posts
- Include images and appropriate text about your campaign on both your personal page as well as your Facebook fan page (if you have one), use words like “Limited Edition”, “One time only”, “Official T-shirt/Hoodie”, “By request”, etc… to attract attention of your followers.
- Make sure you Pin your post on your Facebook page so that it remains on the top and gets some attention. Instructions on how to pin a post can be found here
- Ask your friends and followers to share your campaign – this will boost the amount of people who see your campaign and can help increase sales.
- Click here for more examples of ways to promote your campaign on your personal Facebook profile.
- Click here for examples of promoting your campaign on your Facebook fan page or community page.