From Tuesday 18th March, we have to start adding Value Added Tax (VAT) on our products sold in the UK and EU. This is a legal requirement in the UK and EU and we have to adhere to it. Apologies for the short notice but things have been moving very fast and we want to make sure that we adhere to all legal requirements at all times. Since this will increase the price to the buyers, here are a few things that we are doing to make it easier for you and the buyers:
- We are reducing our minimum cost to you by 10% on all our products on all new campaigns
- Remember that VAT is only applicable to the customers in UK and EU but we give you this 10% reduction irrespective of whether you are selling to the EU audience or the global audience
- We will be absorbing the cost of VAT on shipping, so the shipping prices will not increase. We will also be reducing our shipping cost this week in all locations.
We understand that because of this change, you will need to change the price in the description of your existing campaigns but don’t worry, we have a solution for you. Just email email@example.com and we will get it sorted for you.
Looking ahead, there are a lot of very interesting features under development at the moment and we are certain that these new features will help you sell more and convert better. We plan to release most of them within the next 50 days. They include:
- The automated product creator – so you do not have to wait for us to set up your campaign
- Analytics so you can have a breakdown of your sales, visitors, etc….
- Ability to restart campaigns which have been successful
- A free shipping option for the UK and EU buyers in which we add a small shipping price directly to the product, it has been proven that free shipping is a massive boost to conversion rate and we feel this should really help with conversion rates
- More products – we have just introduced iphone covers and are planning to introduce more products in the next few weeks including children’s clothing
- Multi-lingual functionality – Fabrily will soon be available in French, German, Spanish & Italian
We hope this VAT change is not too inconvenient for you. If there is anything we can do to help or you have any queries, please do get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org